Monday, 10 October 2016

Fall Home Decor Accents

Hi there!

I spent a bit (a very little bit) of time adding a few hints of Fall decor to our living room and dining room and thought I would share.  I was not really ready to say good bye to summer this year, and delayed embracing Fall, in fact we haven't even done any of our usual Fall activities.  However, the changing of the leaves and cool nights are big hints that it is time to embrace the joys of Autumn.


I pulled the tray off of our coffee table in the living room and filled it with the Drop Cloth Pumpkins 
that I made last year, some greenery and a candle tucked under a cloche and resting on top of a wood slice.


I wrapped the candle with some burlap and a piece of scrapbooking paper. I love the added texture it gives.


Gathering a few things from around the house and making a compact vignette is completely meshing with my non fussy decor sentiment for this home.  And it is super easy to move out of the way when we sit for dinner.


I found these stems of cotton at Homesense and could not resist bringing them home.


They remind me of the year my family lived in Georgia.


I also swapped out the throw pillow covers in the living room.   I picked up the grey ones on Amazon.


The green Ikat covers were revamped from covers I made last January (12 Easy Peasy Steps to Sewing a Throw Pillow Cover) to house new square inserts.


Ian has wanted a wool Hudson's Bay blanket for many years.  They are pretty pricey.  And honestly I couldn't see the traditional Hudson's Bay red, blue, yellow and green stripes working into our decor - in any main room at least.


Then we discovered their new "millennium" colour scheme in cream and grey tones! 


And found it for a great deal - so of course, it needed to come home with us!  The Mr. is happy!


Since our coffee table / basket / trunk was naked (because I moved the tray to the dining room) I draped it with a green plaid fabric that feels like Fall picnics.


And topped it with my green ceramic pumpkin! 


Of course my ever present (and growing) stack of magazines is resting beside it. Can you believe the Christmas issues are already starting to come out!


The chair across the room, got a new striped pillow.
 

The gingham chairs also got new grey pillow covers to replace the cream and green covers (Easy Throw Pillow Covers) that usually adorn them.  They are actually a super soft corduroy and definitely feel like Fall.  Miss Ruby Tuesday approves of the new look!

I think that is going to be all we do to ease into Fall around here, with the exception of lots of Fall cooking!

Thanks so much for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment